Here’s a list of some more-or-less low calorie food options that you may forget about! Always adding on, and if you have a suggestion, tell me!
1. Almond Milk: if you’re super picky with milk, this may not be for you. I’ve only tried unsweetened almond milk and I love it! I can only imagine how yummy vanilla would be. The lowest caloric brand I’ve found is the one pictured below, Silk “PureAlmond” for 35 calories a CUP.
I mix 1/2 a cup with 1 cup (the typical serving size) of cereal, which adds up to less than 150 calories depending on the cereal.
2. “Soup by hand” by Campbell’s: Not ALL of these are very low calorie. The lowest caloric ones are “Vegetable Beef” (which in my opinion is also the tastiest) and “Chicken and Stars” which are both 70 calories each and quite filling! Tomato is also yummy, but is 140 cals, which still isn’t an INSANE amount. Just watch out for the sodium content, I think it’s like 37% of your intake? I need to double check on that one. Just be sure to drink LOTS of water with these!
3. Vitatops Muffins: These are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast. I’ve only tried the CranBran flavour, but I enjoyed it. For 100 calories and 5+g of fiber, it’s pretty filling as well. I know they also come in a chocolate variety which would be great for cravings!
4. Nature’s Own Honey Wheat, 40 cal/slice bread: Yes, you read correctly. 40 calories per slice. I usually only use one slice of bread and create a fold-over for even LESS calories.
5. Oscar Mayer Turkey Meat: 45 calories for SIX slices. This is what I make my 85 calorie sandwiches with. 6 slices of turkey, 1 slice of the bread above, and mustard.
6. Kraft Fat-Free Cheddar Singles: Fucking 25 calories a slice. Here’s how I get my grilled cheese fix for only 105 calories (when combined with 2 slices of my 40 cal bread, and no butter used)
7. Dannon Light&Fit Yogurt: These are 80 calories a serving and come in lots of delicious flavors! The serving size is actually quite a bit!
8. Philadelphia Fat-Free Cream Cheese: This kind is 30 cals per serving (2 Tablespoons) But I’ve heard there is a WHIPPED Fat-Free kind that is 25 cals/serving. So you may want to keep an eye out for that! This just so happens to be the one that I bought.
9. Liquid Egg Whites: I find these alot easier to prepare than just separating eggs myself. I’m lazy- deal with it. These are 30 cals for a 1/4 cup serving. Sprinkle some low-fat cheese on it for a delish omelet or scrambled eggs!
10. “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” Light:
11. Diet Cranberry Juice: 5 calories per 80z. Need I say more? You can drink the entire bottle for 40 calories. I like to water mine down a little to make it last longer :) Plus Cranberry juice helps prevent (and heal) Urinary Tract Infections.
12. Mott’s Pomegranate Apple Sauce: As of this second, I haven’t actually tried these (I’ll update when I do) But I LOVE pomegranate and these are 50 cals a cup! A great on-the-go snack or breakfast option :)
13. Sugar Free Jello: Doesn’t have to be the “mousse temptations” like below, just regular Jello Pudding that’s sugar free is 60 cals a cup :) You can put in the freezer too for an ice-cream like treat!
14. Chef Boyardee Ravioli and Beefaroni: These aren’t exactly super low-cal or anything, but if you’re having a craving for some hearty pasta- this sure helps! These little cups are 200 cals for ravioli and 210 for beefaroni.
15. Tuna Single Serving Tins (in water): These little tins are 80 cals. One snack I like to make is to mix tuna with mustard and red/cayenne pepper and put on a slice of toast! :) OR I mix this with reduced fat Mac and Cheese!
16. Multi Grain Cheerios: 110 Cals for a full cup. Mix with Almond milk for a low cal breakfast!
17. 100 Calorie Packs & Rice Krispies: This one is a bit obvious, but anyhow I’ll share with you anyways! What a lot of people don’t know is that Rice Krispies are only 90 cals a bar! For a sugary treat I think it’s worth it on a good day!
18. Lean Cuisine Meals: These can get expensive, but if you’re under your parents budget you can maybe get away with it. I like to eat these when I feel like I’m going to binge. So I find my craving (pizza, oriental, etc) and eat it! It’s not TOO many calories, so I can’t feel guilty. My faves are listed below
19. Morning Star EVERYTHING: Since it’s Vegetarian friendly- It’s just healthier (not necessarily low cal) but LOWER than normal food. This I keep in my fridge for taco/nacho/spaghetti cravings which I have too often. The chicken nuggets are amazing too by the way :P
20. Baby Food: This one sounds a bit odd, but it’s great if you’re on-the-go and need to squeeze in some veggies in your daily intake. I like the organic fruits and veggie kinds. Be sure to check the ingredients! Should only say “carrots, and water” for example.
21. Special K Cereal and Fruit Crisp Bars: For one the cereal is super delicious and only 110 cals per cup. Usually I mix 1/2 c with fruit and yogurt to make a low cal parfait :) Also the fruit crisp bars taste like a poptart and there’s 2 in each pack so you can choose to eat 1 for 50 cals or both!
22. Light & Fit Yogurt: Strawberry is my favorite, but all I have is vanilla right now. Strawberry is 50 cals for 4oz and the vanilla is 45 cals. This is the PERFECT amount to mix with 1/2 c of cereal like I state above.
23. English Muffins: This brand has 100 cals each, but I usually cut them in half for a 50 cal snack or option to go along with breakfast! These are amazing with cream cheese or jelly!
24. Frozen Veggies: If you’re like me, then you can’t afford to keep fresh veggies around all the time because they may go bad. The California blend is my personal favorite. I just put the veggies in a glass bowl and put a little bit of water in it, the place a plate on top and microwave for 4-5min. Then drain the water and you have steamed veggies!